Organized shooting in Kamloops dates back to establishment of the “Kamloops Rifle Club” on March 25, 1885. The club evolved under the names “Gold Rifle Association“,”Kamloops Rifle Association“,”Kamloops Gun Club“,” Kamloops & District Rifle Association” and now the “Kamloops Target Sports Association“. The City of Kamloops Shield on display at our indoor range dates back to 1909. The photograph shows the members of the “Gold Range Rifle Club” in 1911.
Immediately after WW11, Local shooters reactivated the association as a military rifle association under the name of “Rocky Mountain Rangers Rifle & Handgun Association”. This group has been in continuous existence since that time, with members eventually dropping the military association and changing to the current name of the Kamloops Target Sports Association with more than 1300 member.
125th Anniversary Proclamation