After about a two month pause, we are pleased to resume orientations – new members can now join the club! We are committed to following both the letter and the spirit of Public Health guidelines, working our way back to “normal” (whatever that turns out to be) in a cautious and graduated way. The KTSA is determined to keep the safety of our members and our community top of mind as we reintroduce club activities as conditions allow. Here is how we will begin to conduct orientations.
1. Small groups only – maximum of 5 individuals per orientation session.
2. Transportation – people must use their own vehicles throughout the orientation.
3. Physical distancing – we will maintain the 2 meter distancing requirement throughout the orientation session.
4. Health – do not attend if you have symptoms such as persistent cough, sneezing, fever or if you are feeling less than completely well. Obviously, you cannot attend if you are self-isolating or quarantined due to recent return from travel or known contact with infected persons.
5. PPE – use protective masks and gloves is encouraged, though not compulsory.
6. Bring your completed and signed application form. Payment by cheque is encouraged. We also accept cash, but please bring the exact amount to minimize money handling.
7. Bring eye and ear protection as we will likely be entering active shooting areas.
8. Review the range rules and be prepared to bring forward any questions for discussion.
9. You are certainly welcome to bring firearms if you wish to stay at the range and shoot after the orientation!
To arrange an orientation, please contact Jim Bartlett at 250-374-6651 or at firstname.lastname@example.org. (Please leave a contact phone number if you email).